Saturday, December 10, 2011

Rise and Shine

Saturday 5:23am
"MaaaMaaaa!!!"
"MaaaMaaaa!!!"
Daniela is up. But, unlike an alarm clock, I can't hit snooze.
"MaaaMaaaa!!!
A brief pause.
"Buuubaaa!!!"
This is her name for Max. She's given up on me, and is now hoping that he father will open her door. Unfortunately, Max is at work. So I haul myself out of bed and open her door. Daniela dashes out the slaps the living room TV.
"On!"
So I turn on the TV.
"Nooo!!!"
Apparently the episode of Diners and Dives that is on is not what Daniela had in mind. What did people do before DVRs? As Daniela see the openning to Yo Gabba Gabba she begins to jump and cheer wildly, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"
Being that she is my third child, I should know that going back to bed is not an option. Technically, I can go back to bed. But doing so will have consequences. It's not a wise choice, but I'm tired...and she is watching TV right?
Saturday 6:05am
"MaaaMaaaa!!!"
I open my eyes and see Daniela running towards me.
"Here! Here!"
She's holding something, but without my glasses I have no idea what it is. It looks like a small ball. Daniela throws it into the middle of my bed. As I roll towards it, I immediately feel the wetness seeping into the sleeve of my shirt.
I put on my glasses. It is cracked egg. The egg white continues to leak out of the shell onto my newly changed sheets. Daniela starts to jump and cheer again as I get out of bed with the oozing egg in hand.
"Eat!" she sings out.
"Let me guess," I say, "Do you want an egg?"
"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment